Angry Bird: The Moment Peacock Attacks Girl

Who knew peacocks could be so temperamental?! This regal-looking bird clearly has the attitude to match – it gave a terrified tourist a very strong telling off when she tried to capture it on film!
The tourist, Jazmine Casal, was enjoying a trip with her family at a resort in Cancun, Mexico, when she decided to record an impromptu music video. Speaking to the Mail Online, she explained that they make such videos every year as a quirky way to preserve their holiday memories — and this one will certainly be memorable now!
After seeing the bird hanging out nearby, Miss Casal decided to give it a starring role in the home movie. She filmed it alongside her younger sister first, but it wasn’t until she turned the camera on herself that the filming took a scary turn. She said – ‘I started off filming my younger sister with the peacock. She didn’t get as close as I did and luckily she didn’t get attacked. Then I got close to the bird and started filming myself’.
Well… you can probably guess where this is heading ! The selfie-loving holidaymaker ignored warnings from her more sensible dad, and moved in nearer the bird — ‘My dad warned me that it would attack me but I thought that the worst that could happen would be a little peck. I took another video before this one that I wasn’t satisfied with so I took another one and that’s when the peacock attacked me.’
The video shows the moment the large bird darted forward and lunged at the girl, as she screams and scrambles to get away from it. She said of the frightening encounter – ‘You can even hear my dad saying ‘told you’. I ran away with some scratches on my shoulder not even knowing that I actually got it all on film.’ Thankfully, she was able to see the funny side of her scrape with danger, saying ‘I showed the rest of my family the video and we couldn’t stop laughing.’
Peacocks are not known to be an aggressive bird, with incidents of violent behaviour like this generally being very rare. However, they can get territorial, usually during the breeding season. If they feel another animal is getting too close during this time they will jump up at the supposed intruder with the spurs on their feet.
There was actually a peacock on the loose in North London in June last year, which began terrorising the local residents who said the bird was very large and powerful. It was originally thought to have somehow escaped from the nearby London Zoo, but it was soon found that there were actually none missing. The RSPCA tried and failed to capture the bird, but it managed to outsmart them at every turn! It’s not known exactly where it came from or why it developed such a bad attitude, but no serious injuries were reported from it. It is actually illegal to set a peacock loose in the UK, which could explain why no one came forward to admit to releasing it.






Angry Bird: The Moment Peacock Attacks Girl Angry Bird: The Moment Peacock Attacks Girl Reviewed by Funy on 21:27:00 Rating: 5